Find answers to your questions:
- What should I do if I have an accident or if I am injured?
- What information should I collect if I am injured?
- Are personal injury lawyers worth it?
- When should I call a personal injury attorney?
What should I do if I have an accident or if I am injured?
Access the right medical care as soon as possible. It is important for a successful recovery, both physically and for your personal injury claim. Go to the emergency room if you have a serious or life-threatening injury. Do not delay. If time is not of the essence, it is best to get treated by your primary care physician and just as important to get referred to the right specialists if you need them.
Your insurance company may recommend their doctors. Remember that the medical industry has many doctors working for insurance companies that are quick to release patients without detailed examination. Head injuries, soft tissue damage to the neck and back can be overlooked. Some take insurance and some work under letters of protection that are provided by your lawyer if there is no insurance coverage. Speaking to an experienced personal injury lawyer who has met dozens of qualified doctors practicing in the injury field is essential.
The personal injury attorneys in Brazoria County, Texas will know most of the doctors and medical professionals in the county and can talk to you about working with them.
What information should I collect if I am injured?
If you are taking care of your medical needs, there are a few other things that could help you collect in a personal injury claim:
- Take photos of your injuries and the scene of the accident. If a vehicle is involved, take pictures of the vehicles, any damage and people involved. Here’s a tip. Take a photo of the driver’s license of any driver and the license plate on any vehicle.
- Write down a short summary of what happened. It does not need to be formal. But, it may be useful to capture any things you see or remember before the memories fade.
- Make a list of any witnesses and their contact information. If the police are involved, get the name and badge number of any officers on the scene.
Are personal injury lawyers worth it?
Filing a personal injury lawsuit and collecting information for a demand letter is a highly specialized skill. Unless you have a detailed knowledge of the intricacies of the legal system. If you file incorrectly, you may lose your opportunity to receive a proper settlement.
When should I call a personal injury attorney?
As it costs nothing to have your case evaluated by a reputable personal injury attorney such as The Sanes Larkin Law Firm. So, the best time to call is usually right now.
There are times when it very important to call a personal injury lawyer:
- If you have a serious injury or an accident that caused a disability, it is important to call quickly so that evidence can be gathered while it is fresh.
- If an insurance company denies your claim or another party denies responsibility, you need somebody with deep experience in Brazoria County, Texas to provide an objective opinion.
- If a settlement is offered, you should consult with an attorney. Insurance companies want to settle quickly. They may even make a “low-ball” offer to see if you will take it. Let a lawyer who knows about the history of settlements in Brazoria County tell you if the amount makes sense.
- If there are multiple parties in an accident, such as when there is an accident involving many cars or different companies, you need somebody who can help sort out responsibility so that you get the money you deserve.